Thursday, June 21, 2012

Recently:
  • Offered (and accepted) an upaid curatorial internship at a big local hospital.
  • Currently teaching digital photography to six-year-olds. I'm tempted to say that this has been a nightmare, but we have another week to go and things may change yet / I may learn something even more than they have.
  • Brogan goes in on Wednesday to get that lip-lump removed and biopsied.
  • I've not been reading nearly half as much as I'd like to.
  • I've not made any art (but the good part: I have a desire to do so.)
  • Working every single Saturday evening serving weddings until the end of time. I'll be a wedding connoisseur by the time summer is done.
  • New-found love for blueberries. I loathed them for a long time.
  • Attempting to get an Oriole to stick around by putting orange halves out. He/she has not shown any interest so far.
  • I need to re-learn how to live an unscheduled life. Everything I do has become very regimented and orderly; I plan my days out, I nearly plan my meals out. This has started within the last year and a half. Now that I'm out of school it bothers the hell out of me, and at the same time it seems that I now have a hard time functioning otherwise.
  •  Had two wisdom teeth pulled out. That solved the toothache problem.
  • My cousin is getting married in Portland this weekend. I've wanted to visit Portland for a number of years now, but it's on the opposite end of the country. The weather is nearly identical to Ireland's, the art culture is massive, amongst a big slew of other good qualities. Alas, I will be here, serving another wedding.
  • The garden is growing nicely; 18 tomato plants, pole beans, wax beans, kale, cabbage, zucchini, cucumber, eggplant, celery, peppers, lots of herbs and a few other things.
  • The weather is extremely hot. My six-year-old aspiring photographers have hated me for taking them out in it. It makes one tired, lethargic, unmotivated. Few things make me as grumpy as being hot and uncomfortable does. If this keeps up, I'm moving to Svalbard.

1 comment:

  1. We've got the opposite. Spring was unusually cold and wet and the garden is a disaster. Repeated sowings of peas and beans decline even to germinate, and the stuff that has pushed through is half the size it should be.

    Commiserations on the weddings. I would - literally - rather have wisdom teeth pulled than go anywhere near a wedding. I hate the artifice, the religious bullshit and the ridiculous waste of money.

    Good luck with Brogan. You both have my best wishes.

    ReplyDelete